Tuesday, March 20, 2012

REVELATION

I left to town in search of education after i had cleared my high school studies back at rural home. A remote place in Southern Rift Valley Province in Kenya called Sotik. I was headed to Capital City  to further my studies after my application with one of the colleges had gone through.
Well i grew up in rural place where you can not find or access most of the information and all you know is the little that you read in high school and local media. Its not always up-to date information as whatever happens is of less discussion. Access to internet was a no go zone and you had to travel places to access these communication facilities. Here is the next challenge, we did not have computer studies in junior schools.
Since i never grew up as a town boy, i had to apply my own skills of adaptability to the modernized town society. I mingled with them perfectly.
The urban society/community has a way of living that was totally different from what i was used to and in one way or another i was making it.
Very many developments have cropped up thus leading to new lifestyles. I had to learn new cooking styles , new slang's, walking style and definitely dress code had to change. Wow it was amazing . Choosing friends had to come almost instantly as whoever you are associated with will define your character and perception of the whole campus. 
Girls were the major point of concern now at this stage and getting one was not a hard assignment like lecture. I left my girlfriend back at home,rural, but i was getting some new juices here and to hell with rural chick. These girls are awesome and sexy. I badly needed one and there i got it. One gorgeous Girl who would take me to moon and back to my hostel room. Going out on weekends was just like any other public event and it was the heart of everything. Parties were organised and we attended. Both within the hostels, outside in the parks and it went on like wild fire.
Class was a mater of work over and thought i was getting a through pass, wait till i sat for end semester exams and see the results. I could not believe myself, that was not the way out. If only i could balance everything, then i will have a way out.
Next semester was a hard one and that was where i had to choose some of my priorities from the the lest and balanced them. It went well with my studies and managed all through smoothly till the end and here i am now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment